Citrix is a $3 Billion company, and more than 100 million users rely on its products and services worldwide. Citrix uses SAP, Marketo, and a host of other cloud, mobile, and custom systems across the enterprise. Citrix’s Business Technology Solutions (BTS) department QA team is responsible for the quality of software systems, and faced a big challenge.
- BTS needed to meet the objectives of their business users, and be able to continuously align the company’s IT solutions with the needs and demands of the business. That meant reducing “time-to-market” for new technology for their marketing, sales, and channel operations teams. Even as the business continued to demand increasingly varied solution technologies!
- At the same time, they had to ensure “top quality solutions” for the SCM, OTC and HR teams that they served. Plus, they needed to lower the cost of quality while reducing downtime due to systems problems and preventing production issues.
- New technology and enhancements need to be implemented with minimal costs, and need to be both operationally effective and cost efficient. Anything else?!
- Improved business confidence in BTS capabilities. The results that BTS generated for the business boosted confidence in the team, demonstrated a substantial ROI, and generated even more demand for their services.
- Increased operational efficiency. Expanding the testing coverage with automation served to reduce reliance on SMEs, allowing SMEs to utilize their time more effectively on higher value activities.
- Improved business agility. This meant that innovation and technology solutions could be delivered faster because of reducing test execution time.
- Cost savings. By eliminating manual work, the UAT burden on business users was reduced. Also, more system defects were caught earlier – when they are less expensive to resolve.
- Mitigated technology risk & improved quality. Expanded testing coverage generated overall quality improvement for systems and processes. So reducing production defects meant fewer problems for business users and better business execution for Citrix.