The Soaring Costs of Compliance and IP Preservation
Companies with ERP systems like SAP® operate in a very complex environment. Business processes are highly interrelated and intricate. Change is constant as new service packs, enhancement packs, upgrades and new applications are added, and business changes like new locations, new products and services, mergers and acquisitions occur.
Institutional knowledge is often compartmentalized and may even be limited to a few subject matter experts in key areas. Add to this the implications of an aging workforce, shrinking staffs and outsourcing, and preservation of institutional knowledge and business process IP becomes an enormous challenge.
In these fast-moving environments documentation is often out-of-date before it is complete, or is extraordinarily costly to compile. Yet demands for documentation—especially related to compliance activities like SOX and internal audit—continue to rise. In fact, many companies dedicate valuable resources to testing and validating business processes and then also pay outside auditors to re-document and validate their compliance.
You need constantly updated documentation for training, compliance and preservation of valuable institutional knowledge, but lack the tools to do it efficiently and effectively. Just-In-Time Documentation Creation Certify Business Process Procedure™ (BPP) is a web-based solution for generating comprehensive business process documentation from the Worksoft Certify® reusable asset library. Certify BPP simply and effectively creates “just in time documentation” from successful functional test results. The generated documents can be used to satisfy the ever-increasing demands for generating and maintaining accurate documentation of critical business processes in the face of constant change in the application landscape.
Certify BPP captures and catalogs a sequential set of test steps translated into English language descriptions. Test steps are grouped by test process and application screen. Screen captures are included for additional depth and detail. As business processes and applications change, Worksoft Certify functional tests are adjusted to reflect the appropriate updates. Subsequent successful test executions automatically produce corresponding updated and accurate business process documentation.
The constantly updated and comprehensive documentation produced by Certify BPP is key to preservation of institutional knowledge. It can be used for a wide variety of activities, from functional documentation and training to compliance activities like SOX and internal audit.
Certify BPP complements any Worksoft Certify application and project, spanning diverse technology stacks including browser-based technologies and mobile platforms. It is capable of supporting one or multiple Worksoft Certify instances and/or databases and is useful for multi-user collaboration.
Documentation can be output in PDF, Microsoft® Word, HTML or XPS formats. Custom templates allow you full control over the look and feel of the generated document as well as the contents. Documentation can be generated on-demand or based on a set of triggers, and the application has a notification system so you stay up-to-date on the go.
- Generates “just in time” business process documentation from the Worksoft Certify reusable asset library.
- Reports capture and catalog a sequential set of test steps, grouped by test process and application screen.
- Screen captures are included for additional depth and detail.
- Updates when Worksoft Certify functional tests are updated and execute successfully.
- Generates documentation in PDF, Microsoft® Word, HTML or XPS formats and supports custom templates.
- Reports can be generated on-demand or based on set triggers.
- Confidence: You have a constantly updated source of business process knowledge for a variety of uses
- Control: Single source of business process documentation means no duplication of effort
- Flexible: Custom templates and output in a variety of formats allow you full control over the look and feel
- Efficient: Leverages your investment in Worksoft Certify functional tests