The Complexity Dilemma
Companies with ERP systems like SAP® operate in a very complex environment. The decision to invest in next-generation test automation is an essential step in taming this complexity, but there is natural inertia in every company that makes even positive change difficult to proliferate and sustain without focused effort.
In any software adoption process, challenges can happen at multiple points. All too often, implementation and configuration drags on, or is ineffective in spurring initial adoption. Conversion tasks can seem inconvenient and it’s easy to simply port old processes and thinking into a new environment, which will ultimately limit returns.
Even with initial project success, it’s often difficult to gather the right data to demonstrate and evangelize success in a way that sustains momentum. Ongoing progress can stall in the transition from project to project or from project to run-and-sustain, dooming initially promising efforts to marginal adoption, or worse, to a life on the shelf.
Worksoft Enablement Services Creates Momentum
Worksoft Enablement Services are designed to solve the challenges inherent in sustained software and process adoption in fast-moving organizations. The prescribed approach consists of three phases:
Initiation: During the initiation phase, Worksoft products are installed and configured to meet the client’s unique needs. Our best practices for system setup speed user setup, security, and login, and ease the implementation of future enhancement upgrades. Next, we’ll share our proven best practices for test automation, viable automation candidates, data management, audit points, and design of business-critical integrated tests. Best practices is capped off by formal training, including a combination of technical, methodology and best practices materials that are accompanied by practical exercises and a user guide.
Featured in the initiation phase is Worksoft’s unique solution, Capture Quickly™. Capture Quickly engages the business/ functional users in a way that mimics what they do during manual testing. But, instead of merely executing a manual test, they “capture” the steps of the business process. The Client’s test developers can then use the captured assets to create a robust, automated end-to-end business process tests.
Enablement: During the enablement phase, Worksoft experts mentor your staff through test build. We work side-by-side with your test developers to answer questions, help author some of the more complicated elements, and enable long-term success with your team on your project.
Early success and long-term enablement are the keys to continued adoption and long-term success. Worksoft’s Foundation Test Set uniquely accomplishes this by ensuring a foundational set of endto-end tests are incorporated into your Test Asset Library. These tests become proof of speed and capability of Worksoft’s functional test automation, plus become a reference library for those within your organization that become test automation builders.
Sustainment: The Health Check ensures customers achieve the full potential of Worksoft test automation and continue with best practices. Worksoft wants to make sure that its customer projects are successful, enterprise adoption is high, and customers realize the full value of Worksoft test automation.
- Superior delivery methodology and templates accelerate project schedule and reduce risk
- Proven offerings drive project success and strategic adoption with client self-sufficiency / enablement a top priority
- Proven global delivery capability that scales with client needs
- Flexible engagement models to optimize access to expertise with low total cost of ownership
- Defined support and enablement model for all stages of customer adoption
- Demonstrate success and value within just a few weeks starting with a single, carefully targeted project
- Once success is demonstrated, Worksoft ensures you have the tools to build a program that can achieve 75% automation or more
- Reduces Risk: Ensure your investment continues to provide returns for the long run Increases
- Confidence: Show measurable success in a short period to achieve greater buy-in and sustain momentum
- Improves Business Agility: Faster delivery of functionality for better return on your SAP investment