Accelerate Success in your Client’s Digital Business Journey
As companies evolve into digital businesses, manual labor is increasingly being replaced with digital labor. That includes business process discovery and testing. To achieve cost efficiencies for testing practices, services partners have historically relied on offshored, lower-cost labor to conduct manual testing. However, competitive pressures are forcing system integrators to find ways to improve efficiencies by expanding their use of automation across projects and service lines.
The demand for quality has dramatically increased. Today, companies have increased testing requirements to cover new agile development practices, and calls for higher quality customer experiences. This means they are conducting tests multiple times a day with expectations of regression coverage reaching 80% plus.
Keep bids competitive and profitable with automation. Although offshore labor has traditionally been less expensive, it would take an army of resources to meet these increased requirements. Coupled with rising labor costs, bids that are based on manual labor are no longer competitive or practical. Automated business process testing needs to be part of every winning solution.
Worksoft specializes in automation technology for digital business. We help you leapfrog the competition in several ways:
- Worksoft offers a highly extensible platform you can leverage out of the box, providing system integrators with the ability to embed your proprietary process knowledge to create reusable assets for business process testing, discovery and analytics. This is a fast and code-free path to bring your unique intellectual property to market.
- Worksoft allows users to conduct business activities as usual in their enterprise systems, and automatically generates automation for the end-to-end business process. Much more than a simple recorder, Worksoft captures the objects users interact with across a multitude of applications and technologies, including public and private cloud, mobile, dynamic web applications, mainframe and more.
- We work closely with our partners, helping them every step of the way and providing highly responsive technical, sales and marketing support.
- When it comes to business process testing and discovery, Worksoft can handle the highest velocity and scalability of any software provider in the industry.
Firm Easily Manages Continuous Change by Replacing Manual Testing with Automation
A major consulting firm was rapidly iterating on the design of a new portal for their audit department. The portal featured dashboards showcasing financial metrics collected across a multitude of disparate systems. In building the application, user acceptance testing (UAT) had to be conducted on a weekly basis. The team contemplated testing manually, as other testing solutions couldn’t handle the dynamic web environment which contained a number of non-standard objects and embedded movable graphical images.
Fortunately, Worksoft automation was deployed. Using Worksoft software, the testers first identified business processes across the updated web pages by simply clicking through each step as usual. Worksoft captured screenshots, user flow, and the objects on the page as users interacted with the new portal. Based on this information, Worksoft automatically generated:
- Full documentation describing each process step, the values entered, and a screenshot of the screen or object with which the user interacted
- A process flow diagram depicting each business activity as well as analytics on the activities performed by the user
- An automation portfolio with business process assets that can be used for robotic process automation as well as testing
The consulting company used the automated documentation as training materials to depict to business users what had changed from the previous version of the design. To fully automate their weekly user acceptance testing, they used the automation portfolio Worksoft had generated to run full regression testing. The team anticipates a 95% time savings using Worksoft over manual testing.