The Visual Capture feature leveraged in Analyze can now be launched directly from Certify, allowing users to take advantage of all the benefits of the Visual Capture feature directly from the Certify platform.
Capture Listing is a feature specific to Worksoft Analyze and is designed to enable Agile teams to collaborate more effectively. Non-technical users can leverage the stand-alone Visual Capture feature to step through a business process to generate documentation, test data and test automation.
The Capture Listing feature provides a quick and easy way for users to:
- View the Captures they have created
- Search and find Captures that have been done across all users
- Generate and export documentation
- Compare similar Captures across users based on the number of repeated steps
- Export the associated automation and data to Worksoft Certify
For more information about generating documentation from Captures, see Generating Documentation from Capture Listing in Worksoft Documents.
Easy Search enables Worksoft Certify users to quickly and easily search across processes, layouts, variables, results and attributes. Users can quickly see usage data, history and the specific folder where the item is currently stored.
Easy Search makes it easy to not only find and view items, but also to edit them. Users can either double click to go directly into the editing screen, or found items can be directly “dragged and dropped” from search results into a new test. Key features include:
- Advanced search on attributes
- Docking, Ctrl+Shift+F, list of Easy Search windows to pin
- Double click to view editors
- Context menus to additional features
- Show in folder to open folder path and view item details
- Folder security
- Drag and drop processes, layouts and variables
For more information about Easy Search, see Using Certify Easy Search in Worksoft Documents.
Results Reporting API
The Results Reporting API is delivered via a Swagger Spec that enables teams to quickly and easily display Certify results data in their preferred reporting tool. Using the Certify Reporting API, teams can:
- GET Certify data by specific projects and other filter criteria
- POST Certify data by specific projects and other filter criteria
- GET Certify results data for a saved query ID
- GET Certify results data for failed and/or aborted steps for a specific project or other filter criteria
By pulling results data into a BI solution like Microsoft Power BI, QA teams can see within minutes what tests and steps are failing, dramatically increasing the Mean Time to Solution (MTS).
For more information, see Getting Started with Certify Results API in Worksoft Documents.
Modern Web Testing
Modern Web Testing is a key focus area for Certify 11. Enhancements include:
- Enhancements to the Visual Capture Agent to accelerate automated test creation for web pages
- Support for Microsoft Edge for increased test coverage
- Addition of Easy Search and Mass Edit tools for fast and easy web test maintenance
Worksoft is focused on increasing enablement resources that will allow clients to create their own Web Optimizations. With the release of Certify 11, Worksoft enables Certify users to build their own Web Optimizations through the launch of associated training resources and programs. This allows more experienced automation professionals to further advance their skills and conquer complex automation scenarios for web UIs outside of currently supported eXtensibility Frameworks (XFs).
Training and support resources include:
DevOps Updates: Jenkins Plugin, Postman Support and Panaya Integration
Worksoft’s DevOps strategy is built upon providing an architecture that is open and easy to integrate with leading DevOps tools and solutions. In Certify 11, Worksoft has added support for Postman and Panaya. Support for Jenkins has further been enhanced via the availability of a Jenkins Plug-In available in the Jenkins store.
Certify Execution Manager Jenkins Plug-In
The new Certify Execution Manager plug-in adds build steps for using Worksoft’s Execution Manager to run your Certify processes or ALM labs.
Postman API Testing Support
The Interface allows users to point a Certify process at a Postman collection/environment and run its’ tests via Postman’s Newman command line interface. A Certify process can pass Data and Global variables into a collection’s set of test(s) and result status can be retrieved once the test(s) complete.
Panaya Dynamix and Worksoft Certify Integration
Learn about the newly supported native integration between Worksoft Certify and Panaya Dynamix. The new integration enables Panaya Dynamix users to quickly and easily synchronize tests with Certify, create test playlists, schedule test runs and see the status and results of test runs within Panaya Dynamix. Further efficiencies can be gained by taking advantages of Worksoft’s Execution Manager test orchestration capabilities.