DALLAS, TX (June 11, 2009) – Worksoft®, an innovative provider of test and lifecycle automation solutions for use with SAP® applications, today announced the general availability of Certify Performance Test™. Worksoft Certify Performance Test introduces an intuitive yet powerful approach that greatly reduces the amount of time and resources required to diagnose and fix performance related issues within SAP applications.
Worksoft Certify Performance Test leverages existing SAP business processes, transactions and data to simulate hundreds or even thousands of business application users, allowing users to accurately measure the impact on system performance and functionality using 75 percent less time and resources than traditional solutions.
“Our project was looking for a way to test the production environment before deploying SAP solutions to 10,000 employees. We needed a solution that was cost-effective and would minimally impact our functional teams,” said Howard Stapleton, City Technical Lead, City of San Diego OneSD Project. “Worksoft provided the software and services to help us quickly generate and execute scalability tests that simulated the 1,000 concurrent users we expect to ultimately use the system.”
Key features of the new Certify Performance Test product include:
- Reusable Tests with No Coding: Certify Performance Test doesn’t require custom coding or custom scripts to be developed and maintained. There are no scripts to write, no external script repositories, and no importing/exporting from external spreadsheets. It allows an SAP performance test to be recorded and reused many times without writing a single line of code.
- Built in SAP: Certify Performance Test is built within the SAP landscape so the user interface will be instantly familiar and provides a quick learning curve for both business and IT users. Anyone who is familiar with the SAP GUI can define an SAP load test in the time it takes to execute the business process.
- Integrated Data Repository: Certify Performance Test uses SAP as the data repository and leverages existing data collection and BASIS knowledge by integrating with CCMS (the computer center management system from SAP). Comparison tests may be run to validate tuning activities while data dependencies are automatically managed between SAP transactions. In situations where data is needed to populate a SAP transaction, Certify Performance Test™ allows you to select information directly from the SAP tables, avoiding the need to refer to external data files.
- Relevant Information and Reports: Worksoft Certify Performance Test leverages the performance data that is automatically captured by SAP. There is no need to install yet another monitoring solution or any other dependencies. Reported information includes infrastructure metrics, along with key internal SAP data points such as response time, dialogs, enqueues, etc.
- Accelerated Time to Value: Certify Performance Test was designed to deliver results with little upfront configuration or training. Certify Performance Test includes an intuitive interface and can be used in conjunction with Worksoft Certify® to provide an integrated lifecycle management solution that spans both functional and performance testing for SAP applications.
According to Worksoft customers, performance testing is a critical function that is often overlooked when rolling out new SAP applications, including the SAP NetWeaver® Portal. Based on that feedback, Certify Performance Test will provide unmatched time to value given its approach.
Worksoft Certify Performance Test supports a variety of platforms and components, including:
- SAP GUI including the SAP ERP application
- SAP Business Suite 7
- SAP NetWeaver technology platform and SAP NetWeaver Portal Business intelligence solutions
- SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse (SAP NetWeaver BW)
- SAP CRM, SAP Advance Planning & Optimization (SAP APO)
- EDI / RFC Interfaces
About Worksoft Inc.
Worksoft provides the world’s leading automation platform for enterprise applications. Companies worldwide rely on Worksoft’s automated business process discovery, documentation, compliance, testing, risk analysis, and RPA to support critical packaged applications, including SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, Workday, SuccessFactors, ServiceNow and more. Our fourth generation automation platform helps enterprises accelerate innovation and change, lower technology risk, and increase efficiency. Our ecosystem includes partnerships with Accenture, IBM, Cognizant, SAP and our global 5000 customers include 3M, Intel, Microsoft, Siemens and more.
For more information, contact Worksoft at email@example.com or visit www.worksoft.com. For media inquiries, contact Debra Dekelbaum, firstname.lastname@example.org, or +1 (972) 993-0425.